September to December
January to April
- MATH 136 – Linear Algebra 1 for Honours Mathematics
- MATH 138 – Calculus 2 For Honours Mathematics
- CS 136 – Elementary Algorithm Design and Data Abstraction
- CS 136L – Tools and Techniques for Software Development Laboratory
- AFM 191 – Foundations for Financial Reporting
- Choice of communications course
You may also select the advanced-stream courses for algebra, calculus, and computer science if you satisfy the requirements.
This is a sample schedule. Courses are subject to change depending on availability each term.
After first year
With your remaining classes, you can choose electives from many of the 100 subject areas at Waterloo and add additional areas of expertise by including one or more of the minors available to all Waterloo students.
View a full list of courses required for your degree.
Sample upper-year courses
Advisors are here to help
With so much flexibility, you might have a lot of questions. We're here to help! If you're applying for admission, email Heather Shaw our recruitment and admissions coordinator.
Once you're a Waterloo student, you'll have access to academic advisors who can help you choose your courses, ensure that you're meeting the requirements for your degree, and more.