Save the planet. Get an engineering degree.
Clean up contaminated soil. Prevent E. coli outbreaks. Design smarter ways to treat and manage water.
Canada’s largest Environmental Engineering program gives you the technical rigour of an engineering degree combined with scientific know-how and environmental insights. You’ll take courses in engineering, chemistry, biology, geology, and more, drawing on that broad base of knowledge to tackle water, soil, and air pollution.
Meanwhile, you’ll gain 2 years of paid experience through your co-op work terms, allowing you to earn money to help pay for your education and discover the career areas that fit you best.
You’ll graduate ready to clean up the world’s pollution — and to prevent future environmental problems.
Compete on the world stage
Join student teams and compete in events like the WERC Annual International Environmental Design Contest, where you’ll develop solutions to groundwater pollution and other problems.
A welcoming environment
Class sizes range from 40-50 students, so you’ll get to know your classmates — and your professors — in a friendly and stimulating environment.
About Environmental Engineering
Gain 2 years of experience in the co-op program
Apply directly to this program on your application
Earn a Bachelor of Applied Science degree
Engineering school in Canada (US News & World Report 2016)
Offered by the Faculty of Engineering
Students earn $17,800 on average per co-op term
- Ontario students: 6 Grade 12 U and/or M courses including
- Advanced Functions (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Calculus and Vectors (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Physics (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Chemistry (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- English (ENG4U) (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Admission averages: Individual selection from the mid-80s
- An Admission Information Form is required
- Not studying in Ontario? Search our admission requirements database
September to December
May to August
After first year
By alternating school terms and paid co-op work terms throughout your degree, you can explore new career areas and types of employers as your career interests evolve.
Sample co-op positions
- Engineering - Remediation Services, Conestoga-Rovers & Associates
- Design Technician, The Regional Municipality of York
- Instrumentation Data Reduction Assistant, Klohn Crippen Berger
- Water /Wastewater Project Assistant, City of Greater Sudbury
- Production Analyst, Southmedic
- Engineering Assistant, Nantong Environmental Science Research Institute
- Resource Conservation, Frito-Lay Canada
Careers in Environmental Engineering
When you graduate, you'll be ready to provide vital services in consulting, industry, regulatory agencies, and government offices.
- Environmental Engineer, Shell Canada
- Project Manager, Peritus Environmental Consultants
- Geotechnical Engineer, EBA Engineering Consultants
- Water Consultant, City of Toronto
- Senior Engineer, Conestoga-Rovers & Associates
- Environmental Controller, Coffery Geotechnics
- Water Resources Engineer, MMM Group
- Technical Officer, Independent Electricity System Operator
Possible professional designation
- Visit the Environmental Engineering website