Top 5 reasons to study in Canada
- World class education – Canada's education system ranks 4th in the world
- Prestigious degree – a Canadian degree open doors at home and abroad
- Work opportunities – work on or off campus during your studies and for up to 3 years after graduation
- Safe, peaceful, and politically stable – Canada is one of the world's best countries in which to live
- Affordable – our tuition fees and the cost of living are lower than in the United Kingdom or the United States of America
Living in Canada
There are 4 distinct seasons in Canada, each lasting about 3-4 months.
- Spring, when the leaves and plants starts to turn green and the temperature gets warmer
- Summer, when the country is hot and humid and outdoor events become abundant
- Fall, when things start to cool down and the tree leaves turn a series of colours
- Winter, when most of the country is covered in snow
Canada is accepting of all cultures, races, and religious beliefs – everyone here is treated equally. Canada has two official languages – English and French.
As the world’s second largest country, Canada has multiple landscapes worthy of seeing, from the Maritimes to the Rocky Mountains, and the prairies in between, anywhere you go in Canada is beautiful.
Learn more about why people choose to study in Canada.
The province of Ontario
- At the heart of Canada is the province of Ontario, where the University of Waterloo is located.
- Ontario is one of Canada’s 10 provinces and 3 territories.
- With 13.6 million people, Ontario is home to the majority of Canada's population.
- Many major Canadian cities are located in Ontario. Ottawa, our nation's capital, is a 550 km drive from Waterloo. Bus service from campus makes it easy to explore Toronto, Canada's largest city, which is 115 km (70 miles) from Waterloo.
- With nearly 50,000 university and college students, the city of Waterloo is a great place to live and study.
Find out even more about studying in Canada on the Government of Canada website.