The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program, offered as a full-time or part-time professional degree program, will prepare you for ethical, critically reflective, anti-oppressive, competent and accountable social work practice.
The program is offered by Renison University College, located on Waterloo's main campus. Your degree will be awarded by the University of Waterloo.
- Undergraduate university degree with a minimum of six units (12 courses) in the social sciences, including 10 specified courses from the Renison curriculum or their equivalents
- Minimum B average in university studies
- Three letters of reference, a résumé, and a personal statement which demonstrates sufficient practical experience and personal suitability are required.
What courses will you take?
See the range of courses available in Social Work. You can also view a list of the courses you’ll be required to take for your degree.
Careers of Social Work graduates
- Children's Service Worker, Children's Aid Society
- Social Worker, Ministry of Children and Youth Services
- Teacher, Brigadoon Public School
- Area Counsellor, Veterans Affairs Canada
- Children's Service Worker, Catholic Children's Aid Society
- Intake Worker, Children's Aid Society
- Rehabilitation Counsellor, Rehabilitation Management Inc.
- Crisis Support Worker, Canadian Mental Health Association
- Social Worker, Family & Children's Services Guelph/Wellington County
- Social Worker, Kinark Child and Family Services
Learn more about Social Work
- Visit the Social Work website