Individual selection from the high 80s
- Advanced Functions 4U
- Calculus and Vectors 4U
- Any Grade 12 U English
- One other Grade 12 U course
- Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- Grade 12 M Principles of Financial Accounting
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses.
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through schools that are accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Admission averages depend on the number of applications received and the number of spaces available. The range listed above is based on previous years.
- An Admission Information Form (AIF) is required for admission to this program. Instructions for the AIF will be sent once we receive your application.
- You're strongly encouraged to write the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest. Results of the contests will be used in scholarship decisions and possibly admission decisions for programs in the Faculty of Mathematics.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- If you repeat a course or take a course outside of your regular day school, see our Faculty of Mathematics policy for more information.
- Required courses that are more than three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
- Are you an Ontario student taking IB courses? Admission to Waterloo is based on your Ontario Grade 12 U and M courses. If you're taking IB Math, your school will convert this course to MCV4U, MHF4U, and/or MDM4U. You can take any IB Math course and be eligible for admission as long as you receive Ontario credits for both MCV4U and MHF4U. Learn about possible transfer credit.
For more information
- Visit the Mathematics web page.
- Download or request a Faculty of Mathematics brochure.
- Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.