- Are enthusiastic and energetic
- Think Waterloo is an amazing school
- Have excellent public speaking abilities
- Have been involved in various student-related activities at Waterloo
- Can relate well to students and their parents
Student Ambassadors provide campus tours to future students, help at open houses, and respond to student inquiries by phone, email, and online chat.
Student Ambassadors are part of Marketing and Undergraduate Recruitment, a team-centred environment. Our staff work independently and with one another to achieve the common goals of attracting high-quality students to Waterloo.
We also provide exceptional service to both prospective and current students, University of Waterloo faculty and staff, and other visitors to the campus.
Student Ambassadors are hired in March each year. The salary is $11.75 per hour, and work hours vary each week.
What is the application process?
Student Ambassadors are hired for the fall, winter, and spring terms. The selection process is comprised of several stages.
- The online application is available starting in mid-February.
- We'll review applications and invite selected applicants to a group interview in mid-March.
- Following the group interview, selected applicants will be contacted for individual interviews which take place the third week of March.
- Final decisions are made in April.
- Student Ambassador positions begin in September 2017. However, some students may have the opportunity to begin their jobs in May 2017.
What are the qualifications?
The Selection Committee wants to build a team of Student Ambassadors who are passionate about Waterloo and who love their Waterloo experience.
We specifically look for candidates with:
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Good judgment
- And, most important, a sincere desire to provide outstanding customer service.
Who can I contact for more information?
Visitors Centre Supervisor (South Campus Hall)
Marketing and Undergraduate Recruitment
University of Waterloo
(519) 888-4567, ext. 30486