URA and USRA Supervisor Lists

Student working on their research project.

Below are research projects available for Undergraduate Research Assistantships (URAs) and/or NSERC's Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRAs). A URA is a part-time research experience that is worked on during an academic term, whereas a USRA is a full-time research experience conducted while a student is on a co-op term.

Contact faculty members directly if you are interested in their project. Other faculty members, not listed below, may also be willing to support a URA or USRA upon request. Supervisors must be University of Waterloo researchers but they do not need to be within the Faculty of Engineering to support a URA.