Effective March 17, the Engineering Research Office (ERO) has modified the grant proposal submission process. From now on, only digital copies of grant proposals will be circulated for review and signing. Please follow this process:
- Email your full grant proposal (in PDF or MS Word) with a separate completed OR cover sheet (PDF format) to your Chair/Department per your department requirements.
- After departmental processing, Chair signs cover sheet (either digitally or sign/scan).
- Chair/Dept. emails digital copy of full grant proposal with signed cover sheet and any other required documentation (e.g., email trails supporting aspects of the grant) to the ERO (email@example.com). We recommend the PI be cc’d.
- ERO will review, obtain Faculty-level signoff on proposal and cover sheet, and digital signed version of proposal will be emailed to appropriate staff in the Office of Research. PI will be cc’d.
There are numerous funding opportunities available from major programs to support your research.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- Early Researcher Awards (ERA)
- Ontario Research Fund - Research Excellence (ORF-RE)
- Ontario Research Fund - Research Infrastructure (ORF-RI)
University guidelines, forms, and research policies
Forms for researchers (Office of Research)
- Policy 26 - Provision for Overhead
- Policy 31 - Travel
- Policy 33 - Ethical Behaviour
- Policy 41 - Contract Research
- Policy 49 - Extra-University Activity
- Policy 52 - Private Corporations
- Policy 66 - Use of University Resources
- Policy 69 - Conflict of Interest
- Policy 73 - Intellectual Property
- (All policies)