Get involved with Waterloo Engineering!
There are many opportunities for alumni to get involved to contribute to the ongoing success and development of the Faculty of Engineering.
Click on any of the volunteer jobs below to read more about the position. If you have questions about any of these positions, please contact the Alumni Officer.
Get involved... with recruiting students
- Can you spot potential? Refer a student to the University of Waterloo (undergraduate or graduate studies).
- Remember your first co-op job? Pay it forward. Refer your employer to the University of Waterloo as a potential employer.
Get involved... with students
- Be a guest speaker
- Hire a co-op student
- Connect with current engineering students over coffee (Waterloo Engineering Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees)
Get involved... with fellow alumni
- Become a Class Representative for your Reunion
- Connect with fellow engineering alumni over coffee (Waterloo Engineering Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees)
- Be a guest speaker
- Become an event volunteer
- Become a fundraising volunteer
- Hire alumni
- Hire a graduating student
- Volunteer for the uWaterloo Alumni Council
- Become a Global Ambassador
- Join your local alumni chapter
- Leave your mark - make a donation
- Volunteer for the Faculty of Engineering Dean's Advisory Council - please e-mail the Director of Advancement, Faculty of Engineering.
"The best part of organizing any event is a good response to the event you organize. We had that and it ended up being a wonderful evening! Reconnecting with classmates after 30 years and feeling right at home with them was an awesome experience."
"Connecting with my classmates and catching up on what has been happening in our personal lives was what I enjoyed most about volunteering as a Reunion class representative."
"As a Reunion Class Rep, I really enjoyed touching base with old acquaintances that I hadn't spoken with in a long time."
"When I volunteered as a Class Rep for Reunion, I enjoyed getting back in touch with former classmates, hearing their stories, and remembering some forgotten shared times."
"My favourite part of volunteering in planning my reunion was connecting with classmates. We exchanged viewpoints and ideas about family, work and retirement! After catching up, we planned future activities with smaller groups."