Find friends, classmates and new Waterloo Engineering connections by joining our free online global alumni network powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, a digital tool that links Waterloo Engineering students (or recent grads) with alumni over coffee by phone or online.
How it Works
- Sign-up for the Waterloo Engineering Hub (powered by Ten Thousand Coffees)
- Build a profile around your interest and goals
- Explore our Hub using customized filters to find Waterloo Engineering alumni in careers you're curious about based on information in member profiles
- Invite alumni for a conversation over coffee by phone or online (in-person meetings are not advisable at this time due to the pandemic)
- Once a month, the Hub makes you a smart match introduction based on areas of mutual interest. Introduced members then schedule a coffee for a conversation. Users can update their discoverability to turn monthly introductions on or off when required.
- As a member, you'll also gain access to our exclusive Office Hours series hosted by alumni to gain deep industry insights.
The Waterloo Engineering Hub is all about meeting new people and building your network before you need it!
For alumni and professors looking to support student learning:
- Help fellow alumni and current students with their career exploration
- Share your insights and experience with those interested in your career path
- Recruit prospective students
- Give back to the Waterloo Engineering community
- Continue developing your networking and mentoring skills, plus work towards earning a LinkedIn certificate for volunteering
For students and recent grads looking to expand their network:
- Get advice from alumni with life or work experience you’re curious about
- Gain valuable industry insights
- Learn about new career opportunities
- Build your network - Up to 85% of jobs are filled through networking
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice and guided conversations