- Academic Policy Committee (APC) consists of the CAD membership. APC meets monthly to provide the Associate Deans with a forum to share updates on their portfolios and seek feedback on new initiatives. APC is also a forum for academic unit heads to present proposals for new academic initiatives and collect feedback before bringing the proposal to Engineering Faculty Council (EFC) for approval.
- Chairs and Associate Deans Committee (CAD) consists of academic department heads, the associate deans, the executive officer, the faculty administrative officer, the director of planning, the director of advancement, the manager of space and facilities and the faculty secretary. CAD meets with the Dean monthly to share information, discuss matters of importance to all academic units and the Faculty and carry out reviews to determine an appropriate course of action if required. Academic matters requiring approval by Engineering Faculty Council are forwarded to the Academic Policy Committee for further review and discussion.
- Dean's Staff Advisory Committee (DSAC) exists to foster and enhance communications between the staff and the Dean of Engineering. It serves as a resource for inquiries and requests; to provide a forum for staff to have a formal voice in the operations of the faculty; and to ensure inclusion of staff on Faculty of Engineering committees. It also provides a forum for discussing staff issues, staff working conditions, and to represent their concerns.
- DOE Green Team is part of the Green Office program as a way for staff and faculty to be a part of the change they want to see at University of Waterloo. The program was piloted in January 2016 to evaluate successes, challenges, and required resources. The Green Office Overview (PDF) outlines steps to improve sustainability of your own office.
- Engineering Communications & Digital Media Council (Eng CDMC) meets termly to discuss matters pertaining to Communications and Digital Media including digital media analytics, WCMS websites, social media, and more.
- Engineering Faculty Council (EFC) is the legislative body of the Faculty of Engineering. Each academic department elects their representatives to sit on Faculty Council. Changes to academic programming at the undergraduate and graduate levels are brought to Council for approval before moving on to Senate. Elected council members have a vote on items brought to council for approval, but all regular faculty members appointed for a term of 1 year or more belong to the general assembly and are invited to attend the EFC meetings to hear updates from the Dean and Associate Deans.
- Engineering Planning Committee consists of the CAD membership, and meets on matters related to the Faculty's strategic academic plan. First struck in 2004, it is the body responsible for development, implementation, and annual review of the Faculty's strategic plan.
WatPD-Engineering Curriculum Committee directs the curriculum for WatPD-Engineering. This committee establishes the objectives for engineering-specific professional development (PD) courses, selects course developers, and monitors the development and offering of the courses. Any member of this committee is happy to talk about the program and to hear from interested stakeholders.
- Women in Engineering Committee at the University of Waterloo exists to support current female engineers and university students while encouraging the next generation of women to pursue careers in engineering. The WiE committee members come from a variety of backgrounds which helps meet the diverse needs of our audience. Since 1992 WiE has been providing resources, programs, and networking opportunities for women in engineering at Waterloo.