If you plan to take 3 or more on-campus (classroom) courses per term, you will apply through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC).
- Review our admission requirements and transfer credit information.
- Apply using the OUAC 105 application.
- Be sure to apply by the application deadline for the term/program you wish to be admitted to.
Once we receive your application information from the OUAC, we’ll send you details about next steps in the admissions process, such as how to send us your transcripts and course descriptions (if applicable).
Have you previously attended Waterloo?
- Do NOT use an OUAC application. You should complete the Application for Undergraduate Re-Admission form (PDF). Please email email@example.com if you are unable to access this form.
Applying to co-op programs
- If you're interested in a co-op program, you must check the co-op box on the OUAC application.
- If you apply to a co-op program that is also offered as a regular program and you're not admitted to co-op, you'll automatically be considered for the regular program if spaces are available.
Applying to Engineering programs
- You may apply to Architecture and/or only one other Engineering program, including Software Engineering.
- You can indicate your other Engineering choices on the Admission Information Form (AIF). You'll receive instructions for completing your AIF after you've applied to Waterloo.
- Engineering programs traditionally do not grant transfer credits.
Transferring to Computer Science, Business Administration (Laurier) and Computer Science (Waterloo) Double Degree, or Computing and Financial Management
Competition for admission to these programs is extremely competitive with very few spaces (if any) expected to be available for transfer students. Students interested in transferring into Computer Science programs at Waterloo should have outstanding grades, especially in computer science and mathematics courses, and should be studying in a related program. Admissions assessments are performed on a case-by-case basis.
Interested in part-time studies?
Learn about our application process and programs available on a part-time basis (one or two courses per term).
Transfer credits, if applicable, will be assessed after you've been admitted to Waterloo. Information about transfer credits is listed program-by-program in the admission requirements section of our website.