A-level Mathematics and A-level Physics, minimum final grade of A in each. One additional A-level, minimum final grade of B. Chemistry (GCSE-level required, A-level recommended), minimum final grade of B. GCSE-level English, minimum final grade of B.
For admission, students are selected on an individual basis; A's and A*'s recommended for competitive programs.
- General Certificate of Secondary Education or equivalent
- Passes in at least 5 unique subjects, 3 of which must be at the Advanced Level
- The Faculties of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science may consider GCSE-level English as a Second Language provided that you also submit a satisfactory English Language test score.
- Applied Health Sciences, Arts, Accounting and Financial Management, Environment, and Architecture will not accept GCSE-level English as a Second Language to satisfy the academic English course requirement.
- Applicants admitted to programs in the Faculties of Applied Health Sciences, Arts, Environment, Mathematics, or Science will be given consideration for transfer credit for Advanced Level courses in which a minimum final grade of "B" is attained.
- IGCSE and GCE (O-level) courses are assessed as equivalent for programs that require courses at the GCSE level.
- For programs that require A-level Mathematics, Mathematics or Pure Mathematics are accepted.
- An Admission Information Form is required for admission to this program. We'll email you detailed instructions once we receive your application.
- If your first language is not English, you may need to meet our English language requirements.
- Required courses that are two to three years old may need to be updated. Email the admissions office for more information.
For more information
- Learn more about Computer Engineering.
- Download or request a Faculty of Engineering brochure. Sign up for tips and advice from current Waterloo students.