Welcome to the Engineering Employee Wellness Hub!
The World Health Organization (W.H.O.) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. Wellness, in turn is the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health.
Health and wellbeing are not something we have. They are dynamic and changing. We contribute to our health and wellbeing through an intersection of our lifestyle choices, and other situational and environmental influences. While not everything that impacts our wellbeing is within our control, a large amount is. The best news is that many of the things that are within our control can mitigate and reduce the impacts of other potentially health diminishing factors.
During stressful times it is important that we are meeting our own wellness needs, so we can better support those around us. Self-care is not selfish, nor nice to have, it is essential to the "active pursuit" of the activities and relationships that are most important to us.
Our site is divided into three areas:
- resources to support ourselves: so we can put our own masks on first, and resources that contribute to the wellbeing of both our Engineering and personal communities
- student specific resources
- resources to support our social networks: (co-workers, friends, and family)
Below you will also find:
- A direct link to the Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Mental Health self-screening page: a variety of self-screening tools and information on mental health warning signs and indicators
We add and revise content on a regular basis, so please check back often. If you notice any broken links, typos, or have requests for information, please let us know through our website feedback form.