94% of our graduates are employed within 6 months after graduation.
With over 600 startups to date linking back to Waterloo Engineering, and a liberal intellectual property (IP) policy.
Offering international exchange opportunities to 27 different countries with over 1,400 students on co-op outside of Canada each year.
Recognized Internationally for Co-op
100% undergraduate student participation in co-op giving you skills to start early on a successful career path.
Canada's Largest and Best
We're home to about 7,600 exceptional undergraduate students.
- are bright, active, involved leaders.
- have swept away all other North American engineering schools in a contest to build a greener SUV.
- made the Guinness Book of World Records for distance raced by a solar car.
- built award-winning flying robots and concrete toboggans.
- start their own businesses - while they're still students.
- pitched theme park ideas to Disney.
- have been named the best co-op students in the region, the province and the nation.
What is Engineering?
Engineers are involved with every aspect of today's world. You might build a sustainable building, improve a transit system, reorganize a corporation or design robots for dangerous jobs. Some of our students move on to law or medicine, or a business career. Some take postgraduate degrees to become professors, senior researchers or consultants.
Ask yourself, what do I touch that’s not engineered? Engineering develops and delivers consumer goods -- builds networks of highways, air and rail travel, and the internet – mass produces antibiotics, creates artificial heart valves, builds lasers – offers wonders like imaging technology and conveniences like microwave ovens and compact disks. In short, engineering makes modern life possible.