The CPH Multimedia Classroom is equipped with hard wired laptop connections in the first four rows of the centre portion of the classroom. If you decide to use your laptop during lectures, labs or tutorials, please be considerate. There should be no reason for your laptop use to interfere with the class.
To connect your notebook to the system, you will need the following items:
- Ethernet patch cable (RJ-45)
- Sound cable (required only if you desire audio from your notebook)
- Insert one end of the network cable into the network connection of the notebook and insert the other end into the network jack located on top of the desk.
- Connect one end of the audio cable to the notebook and insert the other end to the connector to the front on your computer into the appropriate jack. Only connect this audio cable if you desire audio from your notebook.
- Start up your computer
- Your laptop must be equipped with a wireless network card. If you do not have one, you can borrow one from the ECUSC.
- The SSID or wireless network name you should be connecting to is "uw-wireless".
A step-by step outline of how to setup your notebook is found on the Engineering Wireless Network. If you experience any problems setting up your notebook, please visit the Engineering Computing User Support Centre (ECUSC) in E2 1308.