The Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies is a division of the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences
We all love to take part in recreation and leisure activities. But did you know that your interests can lead to a rewarding career? Recreation and leisure represents the world’s largest and fastest growing industry - people spend over $4 billion dollars on recreation pursuits in Ontario alone*. As a Recreation and Leisure Studies graduate you will be positioned to deliver the programs and services people use to help maximize their quality of life.
What will I get out of the program?
- A broad understanding of the role that recreation plays in enhancing the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
- The knowledge and skill to plan, manage, and deliver recreation, leisure and sport services to a variety of populations.
- Flexibility to pursue your interests and become a well-rounded student. Choose from more than 40 recreation courses, 1000+ courses from other disciplines, and Joint Honours programs in many subjects.
- Introduction to Recreation and Leisure Services
- Play Creativity and Child Development
- Program Management and Evaluation
- Outdoor Recreation, Tourism, and the Natural Environment
- Marketing Recreation, Sport, and Events
- Urban Recreation
- Mobilizing Resources for Recreation and Sport Delivery
Refer to the Undergraduate Calendar for a full list of courses and the course sequence in this major.
How do I choose this major?
Apply to Recreation and Leisure Studies (co-op or regular) and then choose Recreation and Leisure as your "subject of major interest".