- General term promotion rules for first year
- Understanding your options for clearing failures
- Modifying your course load or enrolment
- Course selection week, enrolment and electives (including Complementary Studies)
- Petitioning for a change in academic standing
- Your academic student record
- Study Skills
- Qualifying Program for Re-admission (QPR)
- Exam Issues
- Illness and Circumstances
Information for students entering in fall 2020
All Waterloo Engineering programs are co-op programs, which means you start learning what you need to know and applying it in a real work setting right away. Co-op work schedules are divided into two "streams." These streams will determine when you begin your first work term.
Architectural, Environmental, Geological, and Systems Design - you will be in stream 4. Your first co-op work term will begin in January 2021.
Biomedical, Civil, Management, Nanotechnology, and Software - you will be in stream 8. Your first co-op work term will begin in May 2021.
Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, and Mechatronics - you are automatically assigned to stream 4 or stream 8 in late June when classes are scheduled. If you have a strong preference for a particular stream, you can request this by emailing email@example.com before June 1. We can't guarantee that you will be placed in the stream you prefer, because we must balance the students in each class. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
Details about co-op stream can be found on the Co-op study/work sequences web page.