Dean of Engineering Office
Carl A. Pollock Hall (CPH) 4301
519-888-4567 ext. 32718
Congratulations! You are about to join a prestigious network of more than 190,000 University of Waterloo alumni around the world.
Before you graduate
Receiving your degree is one of the most exciting moments in your undergraduate career. Follow the steps below to make sure you're prepared.
- Verify your degree requirements.
File your Intent to Graduate Form
- Deadlines for undergraduate students: December 1st for Spring Convocation and August 1st for Fall convocation.
- Deadlines for graduate students: April 30th for Spring convocation and August 31st for Fall convocation.
- All students must apply to graduate or their degree will not be awarded.
- Form can be filled out and submitted online.
- Check your unofficial transcript on Quest to ensure you have been recommended to graduate in the “Degrees Awarded” section.
- Clear any outstanding fees on your student account, including parking and library fines by June 1st for Spring convocation and October 1st for Fall convocation. Your diploma and transcript will be withheld if you have any outstanding fees.
- Confirm your mailing, home address and email addresses on Quest by April 1st for Spring convocation and August 1st for Fall convocation. This will ensure you receive your convocation invitation and information regarding tax receipts. Note: Alumni have access to Quest indefinitely to generate statements of account and access tax receipts.
Order a yearbook
- Yearbook orders are accepted in the EngSoc office in January of the year you are expecting to graduate
- Check with the EngSoc office for the cost and deadline to order
- Yearbooks can be picked up at Spring Convocation at each reception that follows each ceremony
If you have received OSAP during your studies, you are responsible for beginning to repay your loan six months after you have stopped being a full-time post-secondary student. You are also responsible for contacting the National Student Loans Service Centre and/or financial institution for repayment arrangements. Visit the OSAP website for more information.
Getting your Iron Ring
Near the end of their final year, engineering undergraduate students are invited to attend the "Ritual of the Calling of the Engineer" by the Iron Ring Wardens of Camp 15 - Waterloo.
Find out when your Iron Ring ceremony is scheduled.
Held twice a year, each spring and fall Convocation is administered by the Registrar's Office. Details are available at the Convocation section of the Registrar's Office website.
All graduating students and their guests are invited to a reception with refreshments following each convocation ceremony. Yearbooks can be picked up at the reception during spring Convocation.
Entering a graduate program?
Starting your career?
- Consider professional registration: PEO Engineer in training program (EIT)
Keep your contact information current to ensure you receive invitations to networking events in your area
Join the Waterloo Engineering alumni group on LinkedIn to grow your alumni network and look for opportunities
Join the Waterloo Engineering Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees to expand your global alumni network and schedule coffee meetings with other engineering alumni
Looking for work?
- Book a session with an Alumni Career Advisor
- Each grad is entitled to three free sessions either in person or over the phone. Get help with your resume, interview skills, career direction and much more.
- Note: As a student you are entitled to unlimited sessions with a career advisor. Book an appointment to take advantage of this valuable resource!
- Join the Alumni E-Community to access Alumni WaterlooWorks to search for jobs.
Sign up to Waterloo's Alumni E-Community
- Receive discounts on professional development courses, attractions and sporting events
- Use the Alumni Directory to find classmates and fellow alumni
- Receive the monthly e-newsletter @UWaterloo
- Access the Alumni WaterlooWorks to search for jobs
- Join an Alumni Chapter or connect with or become an alumni ambassador in your new city and network with fellow Waterloo alumni.
- Don't forget to update your address!
Stay in touch!
- Connect with the Faculty of Engineering's alumni officer on LinkedIn
- We love to hear from alumni doing exciting things and often feature stories about our grads in eWEAL, WEAL or on our website. Send your news to Gosia Brestovacki.