To ensure students working with hazardous materials have the required information and proper training to protect their health and safety.
Who should take this course?
All students employed by the University of Waterloo and those working with hazardous materials as part of their studies.
- Learn about the hazards associated with WHMIS-regulated products.
- Understand the different WHMIS hazard classes and symbols.
- Understand the purpose, content and function of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Learn the legal rights and duties under WHMIS.
How do I register?
Follow these directions to self-register:
- Go to the LEARN home page.
- Login using your University of Waterloo nexus username and password (same as MyHRInfo).
- Click the "Self Registration" link at top of page.
- Select the course name from the list.
If you receive a "not authorized" error, contact LEARN support to have your User ID added to LEARN