Pairing top students with startups
The Social Capital Fellows is a program that pairs top Waterloo Engineering students with thriving, innovative startups in the Social Capital portfolio.Social Capital was founded by former Facebook executive Chamath Palihapitiya, who graduated from the University of Waterloo with an Electrical Engineering degree.
Fellows work on inspiring and impactful technical problems at startups tackling important problems across healthcare, education, financial services, enterprise and consumer. They also have the opportunity to network and build relationships with developers, entrepreneurs and investors, including frequent interactions with the Social Capital team.
Why you should apply
- Build products with real impact
- Work at early-stage startups before they become household names
- Receive meaningful mentorship
- Network with other Fellows, developers, entrepreneurs, and investors
- Build close ties with Social Capital and use us as a resource for future employment
- $8500/month salary (USD); “Outstanding” Fellows can receive fully vested equity
- Visa sponsorship
Apply through WaterlooWorks
Download the Social Capital Fellows Program PDF