Thank you for your interest in becoming an Engineering Student Ambassador! To apply, please complete the online application form.
Waterloo Engineering's Ambassador team is a group of trained, undergraduate student leaders, offering prospective students a personal, informational and engaging connection to Waterloo Engineering. The ambassadors have a personal impact on our future students, informing their decision-making by sharing their experiences and knowledge as current students.
Ambassadors represent their program and other on-campus associations (like student design teams and EngSoc) for a minimum of one term, with the option to continue as they are able.
Our ambassadors are the public face of our programs. Successful applicants will:
- Host an online profile that tells their unique Waterloo Engineering story
- Be available to future students, their parents/guardians, and other stakeholders, for personal contact and shadow opportunities
- Participate (when available) in on- and off-campus recruitment events as a lead volunteer, tour guide or presenter (events include the Ontario Universities Fair, Fall Open House, March Break Open House and You@Waterloo Day)
- Act as a tour guide or shadow day host for on-campus visitors throughout the term
- Track contacts you have made with prospective students
- Assist with marketing pieces for future students (including our blog, social media, and print materials)
- Participate in mandatory Ambassador training and team-building activities during the term.
- A friendly, helpful and positive attitude
- Commitment to the advancement of Waterloo Engineering’s aspiration to attract outstanding students (leaders in service, academics, social justice, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Good academic standing in your program
- An understanding of the responsibility of the role you are undertaking (for example, considering your online persona and what it says about you)
- A passion for, and knowledge of, Waterloo Engineering!
The Ambassador Team is supported by, and accountable to, Engineering's Marketing and Undergraduate Recruitment Specialist and the Engineering Ambassador Directors.
If you have questions about the Ambassador program, please contact Ryan Pyear, Marketing and Undergraduate Recruitment Specialist for Waterloo Engineering.
To contact the Engineering Ambassadors directly, please send an email to email@example.com.