Dean of Engineering Office
Carl A. Pollock Hall (CPH) 4301
519-888-4567 ext. 32718
WatPD-Engineering consists of five Professional Development (PD) credits.
For information specific to the year of your 1A term, please select one of the following:
The WatPD Department enrolls students in PD20 for their first work term, and PD21 for their second.
- PD20: Engineering Workplace Skills I: Developing Reasoned Conclusions
- PD21: Engineering Workplace Skills II: Developing Effective Plans
Students are responsible for self-enrolling into elective PD courses via Quest. Students can choose from the following elective courses:
- PD3: Communication
- PD4: Teamwork
- PD5: Project Management
- PD6: Problem Solving
- PD7: Conflict Resolution
- PD8: Intercultural Skills
- PD9: Ethical Decision Making
- PD10: Professional Responsibility in Computing
- PD11: Processes for Technical Report Writing
- PD12: Reflection and Learning in the Workplace
- PD22: Professionalism and Ethics in Engineering Practice
Each course is 10 weeks long and designed to require approximately 20 hours to complete. Students must achieve a minimum standard to be granted credit; this grade varies by course, and can be found in each individual course syllabus.
Find out more about how PD courses are evaluated on the WatPD website.
WatPD-Engineering fully supports, in principle and in practice, Waterloo's Academic Integrity policies. WatPD-Engineering students are encouraged to review the Integrity for Waterloo Students materials and extra information provided by the Office of Academic Integrity.