Camp Instructor Positions Available
Choir – Strings – Piano – Winds – Voice
Recreation – Spiritual
At OMMC our goal is to build music leadership in the Mennonite context. We provide campers, aged 12-16, with an appreciation for the musical heritage of the Christian church in a setting that is musically, socially, and spiritually stimulating. The camp runs for 2 weeks each August. This year, OMMC will be held from Sunday, August 14 – Friday, August 26, 2016.
Under the leadership of the camp director, and with the support of OMMC committee members, the instructors work to provide a spiritually and musically enriching camp experience for teenagers. These positions are full-time residential during the 12 days of camp, with some preparation time before camp begins.
We are looking for the following qualities in our Instructors:
- an interest in, and commitment to, working with youth
- a commitment to Anabaptist and Mennonite values
- an awareness of the broad range of music used in Anabaptist churches today
- excellent organization skills
- demonstrated musical proficiency (music instructors) or an appreciation of music (recreation/spiritual)
- Lead daily ensemble lessons
- Work with the camp director to prepare a program for the final camp concert as well as a Sunday morning church service.
The Recreation Instructor:
- Prepare full camp activities for afternoon and evening recreation times.
- Prepare campfires with other camp staff and campers
The Spiritual Director:
- Create an overall theme for the camp, together with the director.
- Prepare, lead and support campers in leading daily chapel services.
- Prepare material for daily faith-based discussion groups
- Meet daily with a small group of campers to facilitate faith-based discussions.
- Participate in other areas of camp life as required.
Application deadline: Monday, March 21, 2016
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Mennonite Music Camp (OMMC) is a program of Conrad Grebel University
College, sponsored by Mennonite Church Eastern Canada.