First-year students

First-year academic advisors can assist with all academic counselling for all students in their first year of engineering.  To book an appointment in person, please visit the Engineering Undergraduate Studies Office in E2 1772, or telephone 519-888-4761.

The following departments/school have their own first year academic advisors:

Upper-year students

If you are in 2A or higher, your academic advisor resides in your specific department/program including Software Engineering and Systems Design Engineering.


Personal Counselling

At times academic issues may get confused with personal problems (relationship issues, death in the family, etc.).

You can visit the Engineering Undergraduate Studies Office (E2 1772) to book an appointment with an Engineering Counsellor, or call 519-888-4761 if you are off campus.

Want to be an engineer?

Students wishing to transfer to Engineering from another faculty can contact

For more information see program transfers.