This training teaches how to inspect slings and chains for lifting objects to ensure they are in good working order.
Who should take this course?
Anyone required to use slings and/or chains for lifting, as part of their employment at the University.
- Understand how slings and chains are damaged through misuse.
- Learn to identify slings and chains that need replaced.
|Classroom||Inspection of Slings and Chains (SO1035)||60 minutes||Scheduled Sessions|
How do I register?
Register for classroom courses through Workday.
Follow these steps to register:
- Log in to Workday using your WatIAM.
- Select the Learning category.
- Locate the Browse option on the right-hand side.
- Search for and select the training session from the list.
- Choose Enroll and then Submit on the following screen.
Notes - Courses without a minimum number of 6 students enrolled may be cancelled the day before it is scheduled to occur. If you are registered for a cancelled course, you will receive an email notification.
Contact the Safety Office for additional support.