Hello Grebelites! We are looking forward to welcoming you all this term!
Move-in Day for New-to-Grebel residents is Sunday, September 3, 2023 at 1:30pm. You have received further details on what to expect in your inbox.
If you have any questions that are not answered on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always happy to help!
Move-in details for students in leadership roles
OWLs, LLT, and StuCo move in from 10-11:30am on Saturday Sept 2nd.
Tips for living in residence at Grebel
Here are a few tips as you begin thinking about what to pack for the fall! For more information please also refer to the Fall 2022 Residence handbook
- Each shared room contains 2 desks, 2 desk chairs, 2 single beds (modular desks and beds)
- If you choose to use college linens, one sheet, a pillowcase and a wool blanket are provided for you by the College. YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW.
- Bikes may be stored in our indoor bike storage room. Fill in the optional services form to access this service. Bikes are not permitted in the residence building. Space limitations require no more than one bike per person.
- Hockey equipment may be stored in a hockey storage room located in the apartment building. Fill in the optional services form to access this service.
- Food preparation and cooking appliances are not permitted with the exception of hot air popcorn poppers, small coffee makers (no more than 1000 watts) and kettles. Microwaves and toasters are not allowed.
- There is a student lounge on the 3rd and 4th floor, each with a TV, DVD player and refrigerator.
- There is a games room and lounge with a workout area, foosball, pool table and ping pong table on the 2nd floor. Mailboxes are located in the lounge area.
- There are private practice rooms across the hall from the games room where you may play your musical instruments. While you are encouraged to bring your musical instruments to residence, loud musical instruments such as trumpets, drums or electric guitars should be practiced in areas designed for this purpose (music practice rooms). You may play your electric instruments in your residence room if you use headphones.
- There is a laundry room located beside the games room with washers and dryers. This room is also equipped with a wash tub and ironing board and irons. It is available 24 hours a day.
- TIP: High efficiency detergent is required for these machines. Machines are accessed with a laundry card which may be loaded using a debit or credit card at any time, including move-in day.
- Each room has been wired for high speed access to the UW Computer Network and the wireless network is available throughout the residence building.
- TIP: The new resnet does not accommodate wireless routers for things like printers, etc. Wireless routers will interfere with the new system so please bring the hardware you need for your electronic equipment.
What you should bring:
- extra long twin sheets
- sleeping bag (if you have one)
- clothes hangers
- school supplies
- high efficiency laundry detergent
- snacks (for late night studying)
- cables for printers, etc.
What you could bring:
- inexpensive bike
- mini fridge (less than 1000 watts)
- hockey equipment
- musical instruments
- comfy chair or loveseat (best to check with your roommate first)
What you shouldnt bring:
- appliances (like a microwave)
Arrival for first-year Off-Campus Associates (OCA's)
First year OCAs are invited to join us in the Grebel dining room with their parents at 3pm on Sunday September 3rd for a formal welcome.
Arrival information for Upper-Year Off-Campus Associates (updated May 9, 2022)
Start of term details for off-campus associates will be available in August.
Grebel's Orientation week schedules
Will be posted when available
This year Grebel will have a one day All-College Picnic at Laurel Creek. Transportation will be provided to Laurel Creek starting at 12:30pm. There will be time for swimming, canoeing, and hiking as well as outdoor games, dinner, and a campfire.