Students are assessed at the end of every term and a decision is made on whether the student qualifies to proceed to the next term. The promotion details are given in the Examinations and Promotions Engineering section of the UWaterloo Academic Calendar.

Please contact the First Year Engineering Office if you have any questions regarding term promotions or related issues.