Congratulations. You did it! It’s time to celebrate your hard-earned engineering degree with your classmates at an interactive virtual celebration. We are also committed to ensuring this cohort will get to walk across a stage and have the full convocation experience when it is possible to do so.
You're invited to the Faculty of Engineering convocation celebration for the entire engineering Class of 2020, set to stream on Waterloo Engineering's YouTube channel channel live on June 20 at 2:00 pm EST! Make sure to subscribe to the channel in order to be notified when the event goes live.
You may not be able to walk across the stage to receive your degree this June, but you’ll still have a chance to come together with your classmates who have been there with you through the tough times of exams, difficult courses, complex projects, and stressful co-op interviews since you began your engineering academic journey. During this online event, you can send congratulatory messages to each other via the live chat.
Invite your friends and family to join you in celebrating this significant milestone in your professional engineering career.
Event highlights include:
- music by exceptional local artists Nic & Laura from 12 Mile Island, two Kitchener-Waterloo based artists with music rooted in rock and branching out into pop, blues, and some R&B
- co-hosted by Celine O'Neil (BSE 2020, Software Engineering) and Amit Mehta (BASc 2019, Nanotechnology Engineering), Founder, Good Company Productions and Launch Engineer, Shopify Plus
- photo slideshow of the class of 2020, including photos submitted by you*
- special appearances by VIP’s including Interim Dean of Engineering Rick Culham, President of the University of Waterloo Feridun Hamdullahpur, engineering alumni, your professors, and more
- fun games with prizes
- live chat for you to congratulate and connect with each other
Show us how you're celebrating convocation at home and you could be the lucky winner of one of our three diploma frame giveaways. You can confirm your entry in one of two ways: 1) Comment on this Facebook post with a photo showing us your convocation celebration, or 2) Post your photo on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtags #EngGrad2020 and #UWaterlooGrad (your account has to be public for us to see it). This contest is open to all members of the engineering graduating Class of 2020 and is open until 11:59PM on Sunday June 21st! We can't wait to see how you celebrate!
Woohoo! You did it. Let’s celebrate together!
*Thank you for submitting your campus photos of your time as an engineering student. The deadline of Sunday, June 14 for photo submissions has passed. We will include as many of the submitted photos as possible in the presentation that will be livestreamed during the convocation celebration event.