Ontario’s largest R&D centre in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) is opening its doors on May 8 to interested participants from industry working in the areas of flexible electronics, displays and sensing technologies *G2N, CAPDS, and CIRFE*
The Open House is a half-day forum dedicated to linking industry with leading-edge research in flexible electronic and large-area systems. These technologies span the range from 2-D materials, to organic light-emitting displays, lab-on-a-chip devices, and MEMS.
- Engage with researchers to leverage their cutting edge research to your advantage
- Matchmaking sessions highlighting the latest research activities in the field
- Meet graduate students engaged in research that are employees of the future
- Tour laboratories enabling groundbreaking research that you may utilize
- Keynote presentation by an expert in flexible technologies and their application
University of Waterloo’s unique and state-of-the-art research facilities will be open for tour:
- Giga-to-Nano fabrication centre (G2N)
- Centre for Integrated Radio-Frequency Engineering (CIRFE)
- Centre for Advanced Photovoltaic and Display Systems (CAPDS).
An invited speaker, Dr. Joachim Burghartz, will present his vision of *Ultra‐thin Chips ‐ a New Paradigm in Silicon Technology*.
Meet leaders in flexible electronics, large-area systems, and nano technologies who are developing next generation applications in display, medical imaging, bioanalytical, environmental, and RF systems at the Waterloo-ECE Open House. Engage our academic staff and student researchers in a discussion of R&D and technical problems facing your company. Our one-on-one R&D matchmaking fair is an excellent opportunity to explore potential solutions to your future staffing requirements. Local funding agencies that specialize in industry/academic collaborations will be on hand to assist in making your match a reality.
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. - Welcome and Introductions
10:15 – 11:15 a.m. - Keynote Speaker: Dr. Joachim Burghartz, IMS-Chips Stuttgart, Germany
11:15 – 12:15 p.m. - Poster sessions and lab tours
12:15 – 1:15 p.m. - Lunch and networking
1:15 - 2:15 p.m. - Poster sessions and lab tours
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1