Our Convocation Celebration will take place on YouTube premiering at 2 pm (eastern standard time) on Sunday, October 25.
Join your graduating class for a zoom reception. Receptions are held either before or after the Convocation celebration and give each group a chance to connect together more informally.
To be considered for or to participate in the selection of Grebel's 2020 undergraduate Valedictorian, you must submit Grebel's Convocation form by March 8. On March 9, you will be notified of participating undergrads for the purpose of nominating a valedictorian. Nominations will close on March 10.
Further instructions about the day will follow in early April for those choosing to participate in this celebration of achievement.
Grebel’s Convocation event will take place at the Humanities Theatre in the Hagey Hall building on Sunday, April 19. Please read the information below. If you have any questions after reading this, please direct your questions to one of the contact people listed near the bottom of the page!
- Arrive at the Humanities Theatre no later than 1:15 pm, April 19, 2020. Please understand that we only have 40 minutes to ready about 80 grads so being on time is important!
- Free parking is available in the Grebel Parking Lot. As most of you know it is between a 5-10 minute walk. Accessible and regular parking is also available in the Uwaterloo’s Lot H which is much closer to the theatre - $5 coin entry.
- Should your guests require transportation to the Humanities Theatre there will be drop off maps available from a parking monitor stationed in the Grebel parking lot. Please drop off your guests and then return your car to the Grebel parking lot or Lot H.
- The doors to the Humanities Theatre will open at 1:40 pm. so your family need to wait in the Foyer area.
- The gathering room will be locked while we are in the Theatre. However, it would be best to leave valuables with your family.
- Meet in Room HH180 (the black room) by 1:15 pm. During this time 5 things will happen
i. Get your “name card.”
ii. Get a Program
iii. Line-up in alphabetical order for the procession.
iv. Troy Osborne, Dean and Mary Brubaker-Zehr, Director of Student Services will be checking in with each of you in the processional line-up. The Dean will clarify the pronunciation of your name at this time.
- At 2:00 pm, Faculty and Administrators will process into the Theatre first. Students will follow and be seated in reserved seating. If you are a Choir member, you will not process and sit with your fellow students, but with the Choir. During the Recognition of Undergraduates, we ask that you slip into your place in the “Student Convocation” line.
- During the presentation/recognition of Undergrads you will be asked to give one sentences about what your immediate future holds – i.e. What are you doing this summer or this coming year.
- Following the program there will be a group photo. You are to remain in your seat for the stage to be cleared and then you will be called in various groups for the photo.
- Return to Conrad Grebel for the Reception held for you and your guests in your honour.
We are looking forward to celebrating your achievements with you.
If someone you know is planning to graduate and they haven’t received an email from Pam Bartel (Residence/Associate); Claudia Van Decker (Music), Rachel Reist (PACS), Seth Ratzlaff (MPACS) or Birgit Moscinski or Rebekah Smoot-Enns (MTS), have them contact their respective Administrative Assistant or let one of us know to contact them.