Volunteer with your faculty!
- The Mathematics Society ‘MathSoc’ is the society that represents undergraduate math students. MathSoc’s Board provides strategic direction for MathSoc, ensuring it can properly function to meet students' needs and wants, as determined by MathSoc’s Council.
- The MathSoc Board has positions available for 2 Community Representatives who shall hold office for up to 2 years.
- The Board is mostly comprised of students however, for these positions, we are looking for anybody who would be able to provide a different perspective, or who has experience working giving guidance to small not-for-profits.
- The objective of having community representatives is to provide historical context or background from groups we wouldn’t normally be able to get input from (eg. Staff, Faculty, Graduates, KW Community).
- Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the MathSoc Board:
- In addition to strategic guidance, the Board is tasked with, financial and HR oversight, however guidance for these matters can be provided by WUSA on request.
- The voting membership of the Board is made up of the 5 MathSoc Executives, 1 MathSoc Councillor, 6 other undergraduate Math students, and 2 community representatives.
Become a class representative
Faculty of Mathematics welcomes its alumni back to campus to celebrate their graduation anniversaries every year! Alumni Weekend in 2021 will take place on June 5 and September 25. For a sample reunion program contact the Alumni Relations team.
Math Alumni Relations handles all reunion planning, administrative and promotional details and subsidizes the non-food costs of all 'official' reunion events. Class Reps are not expected to register classmates for these events. However, Class Reps are responsible for all planning, registration and financial details associated with any events they choose to create in addition to the official program.
While Math Alumni Relations actively promotes reunions, Class Representatives are essential to ensure strong alumni participation and a successful reunion. Each class celebrating their reunion needs at least one alumni volunteer Class Rep for each undergraduate department. Job sharing is encouraged, and up to three co-representatives per class are welcome.
Become an event volunteer
The Faculty of Mathematics hosts many events throughout the year. Most notably, lecture series, career panels and class reunions. Although these events are planned and administered by staff in the Faculty of Mathematics, alumni participation and volunteer assistance is always welcome and encouraged at our alumni events.
Alumni can assist with special events by consulting on the planning process, assisting with promotions or helping run the actual event. At any given event, alumni volunteers may be used to help set up a location, take registrations or introduce and thank speakers.
Join a committee
Be a guest speaker
Come back to campus and share your experiences and knowledge with current students.
Be a mentor
Your excellence drives our success!
Thank you for volunteering with the Faculty of Mathematics.
Recruit Top Talent
Hire a co-op student
Co-operative education is synonymous with the University of Waterloo. It’s the innovation the University was founded on over 60 years ago. Today, our incomparable co-operative education program is the reason 70% of incoming undergraduate students choose UWaterloo.
Hire a recent grad
Hire a graduate of the most innovative university in the world for your team.