Women in Computer Science (WiCS) will be organizing a conference WiCS Con on Jan 20-21. WiCS Con is a collection of presentations, talks, and workshops that are led by WiCS students and alumnae, as well as representatives of the company sponsors. It is free to attend for both WiCS students and high school women+ students. Hands-on workshops for high school students will not require programming experience — the goal is to expose them to interesting topics and careers in computing.
Sessions this year include
* Hands-on workshops on machine learning, databases, and cyber security
* Careers in Cloud Computing, SWE vs. PM, Technical Project Management
* Strategies for Self-Promotion
* Panels on what is like to be a Woman+ in University CS, on Co-op, on being a graduate in the field
* Sessions on securing a job (resume critique, the job interview process, mock interviews)
* Career Fair
* Speed Networking with peers, university students, mentors in the industry
* Movie! (Code: Debugging the Gender Gap)
For more information about the conference, see the program schedule and read descriptions of the program sessions.
Register here to attend! (Registration closes Thursday, Jan 19).