The Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science has a long and illustrious history in methods, theory and applications in both disciplines. In addition to impactful research, faculty members have educated several generations of researchers, academics and practitioners and held key leadership positions in the Faculty of Mathematics, the University of Waterloo and numerous professional and other organizations.
Alumni of the department are raising funds for an attractive outdoor gathering space dedicated to faculty members who have retired from the Department. The space will be located outside Mathematics 3, the home of the Department, and will feature plaques that will include the names, with start and end dates, of faculty members who retired in the first 50 years of the Department, and those who retire in the future. There will also be a plaque providing a short history of the department.
Your donation will support the purchase of the large rocks and landscaping that will create this seating area outside the Mathematics 3 building, as well as the inscribed plaques. This attractive space will be a lasting memorial to these retired faculty members who have made a difference to their disciplines, students, colleagues and society.
Thank you for your support,
Karen Kopciuk, PhD '01
Steve Brown, PhD '74
Directions for contributing:
1. Select the "Donate Now" button (upper right sidebar).
2. Select method of payment, click, and fill in information...under "What area would you like to support" select "Other Faculty, College or University Projects".
3. Under "Area of Giving" select "Faculty of Mathematics".
4. Under "Project(fund) select "Area of Greatest Need".
5. In the comment field (under Additional Information) add " Statistics and Actuarial Science Rock Circle".
6. Complete the rest of the information and submit.