The Mathematics Tutorial Centre will remain closed to in-person interactions for Fall 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For tutoring support, please contact your instructor or ask your question in the class discussion in Piazza/LEARN
Welcome to the Mathematics Tutorial Centre!
We strive to help students make the transition to university-level mathematics by supplying tutors who provide assistance on an individual basis to students in both first- and second-year math core courses. Tutors are available in residence and MC 3022.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach out to the Tutorial Centre coordinator, Jordan Hamilton.
Quick tips to keep in mind before your visit
- Find times that are convenient for your schedule and aim to avoid peak times by starting your assignments early.
- Take your course notes with you so that the tutors can efficiently help you with your problems.
- If you need help with a particular problem, bring your rough work with you in order to help the tutor identify difficulties you're having.
- Don't expect tutors to show you complete solutions as they want to help you learn!
- Once you have been given a hint, you should work on your problem alone until you either complete it or need further assistance.
- Please do not use the Tutorial Centre either as a social club or as a lunchroom.
- Please do not remove furniture from the Tutorial Centre.
Other tutoring resources
The Student Life Centre (SLC) has a bulletin board for available tutors to advertise their services. See the Turnkey Desk in SLC for further information. Also, students in need of private tutoring may want to check a list of tutors at Tutor Connect.