Awards normally valued at $1,000 each, are provided to undergraduate and graduate students registered full-time in any year at the University of Waterloo. Students must be participating in an eligible exchange/study abroad program, an eligible international co-op work term, an internship opportunity or be conducting research relevant to their program outside of Canada. Students must be taking part in a full-term travel experience in order to be eligible. Preference will be given to students with financial need for the term(s) abroad. Students should apply as soon as they are able to confirm the details of their intended experience by one of the following deadlines: July 15, November 15, or March 15. This fund is made possible by a donation from many donors in support of Waterloo's efforts to educate globally literate and world-ready graduates.
Currently this funding program consists of the following awards:
- Lenora Hume International Mobility Award
- Ronald C. Johnson International Experience Award
- David and Elizabeth Kerr International Experience Award
- Ellsworth and Karen LeDrew International Experience Award
- UW International Travel Award
Review the specific award descriptions in the Graduate funding and awards database for complete details and eligibility.
The goal is to provide awards, normally valued at $1000.
- Must be participating in an eligible exchange/study abroad program, an eligible international co-op work term, an internship opportunity or be conducting research relevant to their program outside of Canada
- The international experience must normally be for a minimum of 16 weeks to be considered
- International Graduate Experience Award application:
- In the term prior to your travel, complete the International Graduate Experience Award application
- Attach required documentation (as per the application form)
- Submit your complete application package to Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) by the appropriate term deadline below